The Women's Heart Foundation, Inc., is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit charitable organization
dedicated to increasing the survival and quality of life for women with heart
disease through education and awareness programs. The Women's Heart Foundation (WHF)
was incorporated June 11, 1992 as an independent organization and is not affiliated with any
other entity or organization.
The information contained in the WHF online website is
intended to provide broad consumer knowledge and understanding with regard to
the subject matter discussed and should not be considered complete or be used in
place of consultation or advice from your physician or other healthcare
practitioner. WHF does not recommend the self-management of health problems. If
you have any health-related questions or concerns, contact your physician or
practitioner promptly. You should never disregard medical advice or delay
seeking care because of something you have read here. You should always consult
with your doctor or healthcare practitioner before starting an exercise program
or a new regimen of any kind.
The WHF online site is compiled from a variety of information sources
including but not limited to the National Institutes of Health, state health
departments health statistics, medical journals, National Stroke Association, American Heart Association,
American Dietetic Association, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the
United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc., collectively to be called
"Information Providers". Neither WHF nor any Information Providers
shall be responsible for information provided herein under any theory of
liability or indemnity. Liability of WHF or Information Providers, if any, for
damages (including, without limitation, liability arising out of contract,
negligence, strict liability, tort or patent or copyright infringement) shall
not exceed the fees paid by the user for the particular information or service
provided. In no event shall WHF or an Information Provider be liable for any
damages other than the amount referred to above, and all other damages, direct
or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive, are hereby excluded
even if WHF or Information Provider has been advised of the possibility of such
Information accessed through this online site is provided "AS IS"
and without warranty, expressed or implied. All implied warranties of
merchantability and fitness for a particular use or purpose are hereby excluded.
WHF and Information Sources make no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy,
timeliness, usefulness or completeness of the information. WHF and Information
providers cannot and do not warrant against human and machine errors, omissions,
delays, interruptions or losses, including loss of data. WHF and Information
Providers cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for
downloading from this online site will be free of infection or viruses, worms,
Trojan horses or other codes that manifest contaminating or destructive
You understand further that the Internet contains unedited materials, some of
which are sexually explicit or may be offensive to you. You access such
materials at you own risk. WHF has no control over and accepts no responsibility
whatsoever for such materials.
WHF does not recommend or endorse any specific test, products or procedures
that may be mentioned on the WHF online site. Any opinions expressed on the WHF
online site are the opinions of the authors. WHF does not assume any liability
or responsibility for damage or injury to persons or property arising from any
use of any product, information, idea, or instruction contained in the materials
provided to you. Reliance on any information provided by the WHF online site,
its Health Experts, or other visitors to the site is solely at your own
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The WHF website is an online information and communications service provided
by WHF and is subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth
below, including all exhibits hereto and the other information which is
available in the registration process and on the WHF website and incorporated by
reference in this Agreement. This Agreement consists of the Disclaimer set forth
above and the Terms and Conditions set forth below, including all exhibits
hereto and the information.
1. Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions The entire contents of the
WHF online information service are copyrighted as collective work under the
United States and other copyright laws. WHF holds the copyright in the
collective work. The collective work includes works that are the property of
WHF licensors that are also protected by copyright and other intellectual
property laws. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated
restrictions or limitations relating to specific materials, download
portions of the material from the different areas of the Service solely for
your own non-commercial use. Any redistribution, transmission or publication
of any material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent
of the copyright owner. You agree not to change or delete any proprietary
notices from materials downloaded from the WHF online website.
You agree to grant to WHF a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free,
perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce, transmit,
create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any
materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas
contained therein for new or improved products or services) you submit to
public areas of the WHF online information (such as Frequently Asked
Questions and Newsletter) by all means and in any media now known or
hereafter developed. You agree that you shall have no recourse against WHF
for an alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary
right in your communication to us.
2. Service Marks The heart with female sign within is a registered
service mark of the Women's Heart Foundation to designate a female heart.
The purple ribbon is a registered service mark of the Women's Heart
Foundation to promote and advocate for research on heart disease
especially as the disease affects women. Other trademarks and service marks appearing
on the WHF website may be owned by WHF or other parties including third
parties not affiliated with WHF.
3. Indemnification You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless WHF
-- its officers, trustees, directors, advisors, employees, agents,
suppliers and licensors (collectively the "Information Providers")
from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including
reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting form any violation of this Agreement
or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful
conduct) by you or any other person accessing the WHF online site.
4. Third Party Rights The provisions of paragraph 3 are for the benefit
of WHF and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers,
and Licensors. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right
to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own
5. Term This Agreement shall commence upon your accessing the WHF online
website and/or completing the registration process. This Agreement may be
terminated by WHF without notice at any time for any reason and may be
terminated by you upon notice to WHF at any time for any reason. The
provisions of paragraphs 1 (Copyright, License, and Idea Submissions), 3
(Indemnification) 4 (Third Party Rights) and 6 (Miscellaneous) shall survive
any termination of this Agreement.
6. "Ask the Nurse" WHF will respond to questions
about heart disease received through email or U.S. mail. "Ask the Nurse" requests all
questions be addressed to the attention of "Ask the Nurse". WHF makes no guarantee as to the timeliness of
the response. WHF will respond to individuals on the web which is a
public forum. "Ask the Nurse" is not a chat room and, therefore, does not post questions
and responses in real time. WHF reserves the right to respond to persons individually
in a non-public forum. Those responses selected for the web response page will appear
in the order in which they were received and will be posted
under the subject heading addressed in the question. WHF reserves the right to restructure
"Ask the Nurse" in any way that it sees fit.
Since questions and answers remain posted on the web, repeat questions may not receive a
response - either direct of indirect.
7. Data Analysis WHF reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of members and
users behaviors and characteristics in order to measure aggregate data
useful to determine consumer interest and areas of health need for third
party use. No member or user will be personally indentifiable with use of
8. Notice WHF may deliver notice to you under this Agreement by means of
electronic mail, a general notice on the WHF website, or by written
communication delivered by first class U.S. mail to your address on record
in WHF's account information. You may give notice to WHF at any time via
electronic mail to WHF or by letter delivered by first class postage prepaid
U.S. mail or overnight courier to the following address:
Women's Heart Foundation
P.O. Box 7827
West Trenton, NJ 08628
9. Miscellaneous This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Jersey. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between WHF and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement of the parties' obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in New Jersey. Any course of action or claim you may have with respect to the WHF online service must be commenced within two (2) years after the claim or cause of action arises. WHF online service’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. WHF may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
Privacy - Operating Policies
These operating policies govern your conduct on the WHF web service. Your failure to comply with these policies may result in suspension or termination of your access to the WHF website and, depending on the circumstances, legal action against you.
1. Requirements. You must be an individual at least 18 years of age to register and you must register on the WHF website under you own name. Please inform WHF promptly if there is a change in the information you provided to WHF at the time of registration, including changes of address or name.
2. Account Access. If/when you initially register for the WHF online website, you will be asked to select a User ID and Password. WHF reserves the right to reject or change any User ID you select for any reason in its sole discretion.
3. Members may not use the capabilities of the WHF website to conduct any activity or solicit the performance of any activity which is illegal or which infringes on the rights of others.
Description of Third-Party Sponsors
Educational grants from third-party sponsors at Womensheartfoundation.org does not endorse, or imply an endorsement or promotion of the sponsor, nor its content, products, or services.
Sponsors are listed on a dedicated page on our website as Heart Care Partners and structured by level of donation. It is clear to consumers the level of support from the sponsors by specifically stating "Supporting the work of the Women's Heart Foundation" and includes our event sponsors for the fiscal year. Depending upon the level of sponsorship support, logos may offer consumers links to corporate sites.
Sponsors of a long-term program are called Stakeholders for that specific program and are listed on the program page. Depending upon the level of sponsorship support, logos may offer consumers links to corporate sites.
E-newsletter Sponsors - WHF offers third-party sponsors the opportunity to support its E-newsletter and thereby, have its message carried to our subscriber base. Depending upon the level of sponsorship support, logos may offer consumers links to corporate sites.
Educational Grants - WHF offers third-party sponsors the opportunity to support other programs and activities of the Foundation through educational grants. These include, but are not limited to:
the development of subdomains, chats, moderated discussions, surveys, events, continuing medical education, consumer outreach programs, and more. In these instances, Womenheartfoundation.org clearly identifies the third-party sponsor (keeping its name/logo separate from content), and retains full editorial control over content.
Sources of Revenue for the Women's Heart Foundation (WHF)
Revenue may be derived from:
- Corporate Sponsor Educational Grants
- Government or Private Foundation Grants
- Individual Contributions
- Web site sponsors of
- Health Content Sponsor Educational Grants whereby WHF maintains full control over the editorial content
- Other sponsorship opportunities such as the development of subdomains, chats, moderated discussions, surveys, events, continuing medical education, consumer outreach programs, and more.
- Advertisements byline on an issue of its E-newsletter.
- As contributions, through percentage of sales from other sites.
- Sale of WHF publications or promotional items
- Registration fees from conferences or events
Sharing Information with Third-Parties
WHF/womensheartfoundation.org may provide to third parties non-personal information about a user that does not allow you to be identified or contacted and that is combined with the non-personal information of other users, together called "aggregate information." Third parties may review aggregate consumer data from the site, such as traffic data, general user demographics, and the like. Information in these aggregate reports can not be linked with individual visitors, and therefore third party sponsors are unable to access individual users' personal information for the third parties' purposes of selling/promoting products and services. The WHF does not sell, rent, loan, trade, lease, or otherwise provide to third parties any individually attributable information. The WHF however, reserves the right to review aggregate data and information with third parties to better serve our users, and we do so in a fashion that protects every user's personal information.
Limitations on Third-Party Sponsors:
- WHF/Womensheartfoundation.org does not allow third-party sponsors to place cookies in their names/logos at its website.
- WHF/Womensheartfoundation.org does not accept revenues/educational grants from third parties whose mission and goals are inconsistent with those of the WHF.
- WHF/Womensheartfoundation.org does not accept revenues/educational grants from sponsors whose advertising and promotional strategies are based on false or misleading claims.
- WHF/Womensheartfoundation.org does not accept revenue/educational grants from companies directly involved with tobacco, alcohol, firearms and pornography.
Updating Advertising Policy
WHF/Womensheartfoundation.org reserves the right to update this policy from time to time. The logo and sponsorship listed will be accessible to the public for no longer than three years. All revisions will be posted at this site. Access to the Advertising Policy will be made available to the visitor from every page at Womensheartfoundation.org. Questions regarding this policy should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.